I was in the mood for something chocolaty-peanut-buttery and yet easy to make. Cookies is usually the way to go and I know they’ll get eaten by someone other than myself. I haven’t got a photo of the cookies as such, because to be honest, they look pretty bad. I wasn’t in the mood to shape or even pat them down. It was one of those afternoons. But I do highly recommend salting them as per the recipe. I only salted a few thinking it wouldn’t taste very good, but actually it is amazing. These cookies are great, otherwise I wouldn’t be blogging about it. They are the crumbly, drier kind of cookie that usually don’t appeal to me, but with the peanut butter flavour and the chunks of chocolate, they will become a firm favourite. I got this recipe from a website called Food 52.
Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
coarse sea salt for sprinkling cookies
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla, beating in eggs one at a time then beat in peanut butter until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chunks and mix until just combined.
- Spoon onto lined baking trays and top each cookie with a few sea salt crystals.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are firm. It’s OK if the centers are a tad soft they’ll harden up.