1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
2/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons white sugar, divided
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
OVEN at 180C
- Coat a loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar mixture by combining brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mixing well.
- Prepare apple mixture by combining apples with 2 tablespoons white sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- In the mixer bowl cream the butter and 2/3 cup sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and baking powder do a minor mix, and then add in the milk and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Distribute half of the apple mixture on top of the batter. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the apples. Using the end of a dull knife, gently swirl the brown sugar mixture and the apples into the batter. Pour remaining batter into the pan, followed by the remaining apple mixture and remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Again, gently swirl the sugar and apple mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until well combined. Drizzle over bread.