Just a quickie today.
I am up to my armpits in projects…so I apologise for a quiet week.
This post is to bring your attention to a product that I discovered when I was on a Thai cooking bender many years ago.
It’s MAESRI red curry paste.
This is a great ingredient to have on hand when you want to whip up a Thai red curry.
My studies of Charmaine Soloman recipes have told me that all you really need to do is:
– fry up some curry paste in a bit of oil, hot pan
– add the meat
– pour in coconut milk and turn down low (so milk doesn’t curdle)
– pop in a couple kaffir lime leaves to the pan, and let simmer
– when meat is cooked, throw in a tbs of fish sauce, 1 tsp brown sugar
– garnish with coriander and shallots
Serve up with some steamed rice and you have a quick, easy and delicious Thai red curry.
I use either pork fillet, round steak or chicken thighs for this kind of meal. You can throw in snow peas, red capsicum, baby corn, spinach or broccoli.
MAESRI also has panang and green curry products as well.